Details for Research Project
This subject allows students to formulate a research question relative to their approved topic the research and produce a clearly expressed, well-structured and well-argued research essay.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: RES501
- Credit points: 20
- Subject coordinator: Grant Buchanan
The following courses are prerequisites:
- RES401 - Postgraduate Research and Writing or equivalent and completion of at least 3 subjects in specialisation area and at least 1 elective; and
- GPA 2.8 or higher.
Awards offering Research Project
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Demonstrate knowledge of methodology (for example, ethnography, basic statistics, hermeneutics, etc.).
- Demonstrate an advanced ability to formulate a research question and outline an appropriate research plan for data collection.
- Exhibit a critically reflective understanding of fundamental techniques and described methodological processes.
- Produce a clearly expressed, well-structured and well-argued research essay, relative to the approved topic the research, which appropriately engages the peer-reviewed literature in the area.
Individual research in consultation with supervisor
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- Distance/E-Learning (online)
- Research Proposal (1500 words)
- Research Essay (16,000 words)
Readings to be assigned by the appropriate supervisor on the particular topic of the project.