Details for New Testament Greek III
To examine Paul’s strategies used in overcoming the specific problems among the Corinthian Christians from a Pentecostal perspective. Special application is made to comparable situations in modern Pentecostalism, and how Paul’s answers may in fact be addressing us.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: ANL503
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Adam White
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering New Testament Greek III
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Formulate a competent understanding of intermediate-advanced Koine Greek syntax and acquisition of intermediate-advanced vocabulary for Koine Greek;
- Interpret advanced passages of the Greek NT, LXX, and Church Fathers into idiomatic English;
- Assess the issues relating to exegetically difficult passages of Koine Greek;
- Formulate and apply tools in translation, exegesis and exposition;
- Critically analyse recent scholarly discussion of Koine Greek.
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (onsite)
- Distance/E-learning (online)
- Quizzes (10%)
- Translation exercises (40%)
- Major translation assessment (50%)
Koestenberger, Andreas, Merkle, Benjamin, Plummer, Robert. Going Deeper with New Testament Greek. B&H Academic: Nashville, Tennessee, 2016.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any textbooks