Details for Quantitative Skills
Numbers are unavoidable in business, and good management requires at least a basic level of running and understanding a variety of reports and books.
This subject provides the fundamental mathematical training essential to answer financial problems for people from all skill levels, and strongly recommended for those who need a foundational subject before progression into statistical, accounting, and finance subjects. Students will review basic financial mathematics and algebra as it relates to the language, decisions, and operations within the business and/or organisation.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BUS001
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Ka Lun Kenelm Chan
Awards offering Quantitative Skills
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Diploma of Arts
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Business and Diploma of Entrepreneurship
- Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Business and Diploma of Ministry
- Diploma of Chaplaincy
- Diploma of Chaplaincy and Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Chaplaincy and Diploma of Ministry
- Diploma of Entrepreneurship and Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Entrepreneurship and Diploma of Ministry
- Acquire and understand quantitative skills in solving problems in business;
- Illustrate an understanding of business statistics and use of probability;
- Explain the basic rationale and application of relevant quantitative approaches in contexts of business, economics, finance, and management;
- Acquire the skills to use financial data to generate business decision models.
- Quantitative Skills for Financial Decisions
- Financial Reporting
- Assets and Depreciation
- Simple Interest and Promissory Notes
- Compound Interests
- Annuities and Sinking Funds
- Statistics and Probability
- Expected Value and Profit
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (on site)
- E-learning (online)
- Tests (accumulative) (25%)
- Case Study (1000 words) (30%)
- Exam (30%)
- Excel Practice Sheet (15%)
- Bluman, A.G. Business Math Demystified, McGraw-Hill, 2006.
- Bluman, A.G. Probability Demystified, McGraw-Hill, 2012.
Please consult your instructor before purchasing any texts