Details for Business Communication
Do you want to communicate more effectively in business or everyday life?
This subject aims to educate students on how to effectively communicate within today’s fast paced business environment. Within this subject, students will be able to identify challenges and overcome obstacles to successful business communication through the approaches of both verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: COM001
- Credit points: 6
- Subject coordinator: Keith McPherson
Awards offering Business Communication
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Display a basic understanding of business communication processes;
- Examine key business communication theories and strategies;
- Discuss the challenges and dilemmas of business communication;
- Apply an understanding of business communication strategies and theories to a contemporary context.
- Introduction to business communication
- Communicating for employment
- Understanding and applying a range of business communication skills
- Internal and external communication
- Strategic communication
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to face on site
- E-learning (online)
- Tests (accumulative) (30%)
- Essay (1000 words) (40%)
- Presentations (20min/100 words) (30%)
Murphy, Wayne, Mary Barrett, Joy Cameron-Dow, Debbie DuFrene, and Carol Lehman. BCOM Asia Pacific Edition. Melbourne: Cengage Learning Australia, 2012.