Mr Ed HelmoreTeaching Assistant - Theology
Contact Ed Helmore
Ed was born in Australia and initially completed a trade in the automotive industry which he left to attend bible college, completing a Bachelor of Theology with Alphacrucis in 2016, where he found a love for the Old Testament and Biblical Hebrew. Ed completed his MTh and his project applied a Speech Act Theory lens to Isaiah 58, seeking to understand the connection between worship and justice. Ed and his wife Nancy have 1 daughter, Stella Ann, are passionate about building the church, and are involved in youth ministry at their local church. In his free time, Ed enjoys reading, cycling and cooking.
MTh (Alphacrucis College - Candidate)
Dissertation Title Isaiah 58 and Worship: A Move from Disorientation to Reorientation 2020
BTh (Alphacrucis College) 2016
Prophetic Literature, Wisdom Literature, Biblical Hebrew
Field of Research
- 2204 Religion and Religious Studies
- Jacqueline N. Grey and Ed Helmore (2021). Do What is Right and Good: The Theological Foundations for the Common Good in the Old Testament Prophets (forthcoming) In Chris Green and Daniela Augustine (eds), Pentecostals and the Common Good (pp. ). .
- The Way of Justice - Yahweh's Vision for Social Cohesion (2018), Research Conference on Contemporary Ministry: Justice and Christian Ministry, Melbourne, Australia, 07 Sep 2018
SBL (since 2019)
- ANL101 Old Testament Hebrew 1
- ANL401 Old Testament Hebrew I
- BIB102 Introduction to Israel's Scriptures (Old Testament)
- BIB213 Historical Books of the Old Testament
- BIB311 Psalter
- BIB312 Isaiah
- BIB402 Introduction to Israel's Scriptures (Old Testament)
- BIB523 Historical Books of the Old Testament
- BIB531 Psalter
- BIB532 Isaiah
If you’d like to contact Ed, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.