Emma AustinAssociate Lecturer in Old Testament Studies
Contact Emma Austin
Emma completed her Bachelor of Ministry with Alphacrucis in 2013 and continued on to study the Masters of Theology, with a semester exchange at Jerusalem University College, located in Israel. After completing her MTh thesis (2015), she returned to Jerusalem to finish her second Masters, focusing on the geography and history of the Bible. Imbued with a passion for the relationship between the biblical text and the geography of the Promised Land, she is pursuing a PhD on a literary geographical reading of Jeremiah.
Ph.D. (cand.) (University of Sydney)
Dissertation Title Walking and Talking in Jeremiah 2:1-6:30: a mnemogeographical analysis 2025
M.A.(Biblical History and Geography) (Jerusalem University College) 2017
M.Th. (Alphacrucis College)
Dissertation Title "Beyond the Face: a case for early Orthodox iconography." 2015
B.CMin. (Alphacrucis College) 2013
Cert. IV (TESOL) (Intercultural Training Australia) 2014
Field of ResearchHistorical Studies, Other history, heritage and archaeology, Religious studies, Other Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Austin, E. M.(2021). Biblical Field Study as Experiential Pedagogy: Jerusalem University College as a Case Study. International Journal of Christianity and Education, forthcoming.
- Austin, E. & Grey, J. (2021). The Holy Spirit in the Chronicler & Ezra-Nehemiah. Pneuma, (forthcoming).
Research and Professional Grants
- Alphacrucis College Research Grant, $2000, Alphacrucis College
- Beyond the Face: A Pentecostal Re-Evaluation of Orthodox Iconography (2021), Beyond the Divide, Alphacrucis College, 08 Jul 2021
“You’re Blocking My View!: Critical Literacy for Theological Studies” (2019), Asia Pacific Theological Association (APTA), Hong Kong, 03 Sep 2019
Co-presenter: Austin, G.P.
- History and Geography of the Bible (2018), Asia Pacific Theological Association (APTA), Singapore, 11 Sep 2018
- Do you hear what I hear?: Analysing the role of Jerusalem's church bells in liturgical sacrifice (2018), ANZATS, Brisbane, QLD, 02 Jul 2018
- Austin, E. (2021). Religious – And Loving It!. , . | External link
- Austin, E. (2021). Isolation And Belonging In J.K. Rowlings’ Harry Potter And Joseph, Prince Of Egypt. , . | External link
- Austin, E. (2020). The Jerusalem Cross Necklace. , . | External link
- Austin, E (2020). The Lost Art of Lamenting. Trash Your Bible, . | External link
- Austin, E (2020). A Series of Unfortunate Events. Trash Your Bible, . | External link
- Austin, E (2020). Sisera Is Not Welcome Here. Trash Your Bible, . | External link
- Austin, E. (2022). Cyril and Evelyn Westbrook (forthcoming).
- Austin, E. (2022). Kevin and Glenys Hovey (forthcoming).
- Austin, E. (2021). William George Forbes (forthcoming).
- Eudora Hammer, Violence and Divine War in Joshua (Bachelors Honours Thesis)
If you’d like to contact Emma, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.