Rev Dr Yung Hun ChoiAssociate Dean & Director of Coursework; Lecturer in OT, KOR
Contact Yung Hun Choi
- Research Interests
- Research Publications
- Contact Yung Hun
Yung Hun was born in South Korea (1965) and became a born-again Christian in 1988. After the studies in BA, MDiv and ThM programs in Korea, he migrated to Auckland, New Zealand. In Auckland he had much time to study biblical texts particularly in terms of their literary structure and theology. In 2006, he migrated to Sydney for ministry and teaching. As a part time in Chester Hill and then as a full time in Parramatta, Yung Hun has been teaching Korean students in Alphacrucis College since 2008. He is a Mahlerian.
Cert IV Training & Assessment (TAE 40116) (Inspire Education) 2019
Ph.D. (Charles Sturt University)
Dissertation Title "The Movement Pattern of the Hebrew Psalter: A Holistic Thematic Approach with an Exemplar, Psalms 69-87" 2019
Th.M. (Asian Centre for Theological Studies and Mission)
Dissertation Title "An Interpretation of the 'Seventy Weeks' in Dan. 9:24-27" 2000
M.Div. (Hapdong Theological Seminary) 1996
B.A. (Hansung University) 1988
- Comparison between MT Psalter, LXX Psalter and 11QPsa
- Literary structure of Book of Proverbs
- Eschatology of OT prophetic books and Revelation
- Position of Messianic prophecies in Isaiah and Psalms
- Literary structure and theology of Deuteronomy
- Priesthood Change in the Post-exilic Judaic Community
- Joseph Narrative and Expository Sermon by Using "Triperspectivalism"
- Literary structure of OT books
- Eschatology of OT
- The Messiah in OT and NT
- Covenant Theology
- Biblical Theology
Field of Research
- 2204 Religion and Religious Studies
- Choi, Yung Hun (2021). Patterns of Movement in the Hebrew Psalter. Peter Lang, NY.
- Choi, Yung Hun (2019). Yonggi Cho's Influence on Pentecostal Theology in Korea In Austin, Denise A., Jacqueline Grey and Paul W. Lewis, Asia Pacific Pentecostalism (pp. 37-60). Brill.
- Choi, Yung Hun (2021). The Places and Way of Presentation of the Messianic Prophecies in the Book of Isaiah as a Whole: In Comparison to the Portrayal of Jesus the Messiah in the Entire Structure of Matthew and Luke. Text and Context, Vol. 5 (forthcoming; 2021).
- Choi, Yung Hun (2019). The Movement Pattern of the Hebrew Psalter: A Holistic Thematic Approach with an Exemplar, Psalms 69-87. , . | External link
- Choi, Yung Hun (2018). The Christology of Romans 1:3-4: An Approach according to the Thematic Links in the Epistle. Text and Context, Vol. 4 120-68.
- Choi, Yung Hun (2016). The Genre, Thematic Structure, and Theological-Intertextual Interpretation of the Song of Songs. Text and Context., Vol. 3 150-182.
- Choi, Yung Hun (2014). The Structure of the Book of Daniel: A Thematic Approach. Text and Context, Vol. 2 41-72.
- Choi, Yung Hun (2014). The Four Types of Wisdom in Prov. 1:6. Text and Context, Vol. 2 95-122.
- Choi. Yung Hun (2010). The Macro-structure of Jeremiah: Problems in the Study and an Approach through the Literary and Theological Conventions of the OT Authors and Their Temporal-Spatial Perspective. Text and Context, Vol. 1 17-66.
Research and Professional Grants
- Faculty Resource Funding, $1250, Charles Sturt University
- Biblical-theological Preaching on the "Wisdom Psalms": Beyond the Genre Criticism (2020), Biblical Theology Conference for Korean Churches, Sydney, Australia, 20 Nov 2020
An Evaluation of Jun-Hee Cha's "False Peace and True Peace: Focused on Micah 4:1-5" (2018), The 70th Anniversary Alphacrucis Theological Forum for the Reconciliation between South and North Korea by Church, Sydney, Australia, 22 Feb 2018
Co-presenter: Cha, JH
- Choi, Yung Hun (2019). Interpretation of Minor Prophets (from Nahum to Malachi). , . | External link
- Choi, Yung Hun (2019). Prophecy and Eschatology. , . | External link
- Choi, Yung Hun (2015). Interpretation of Minor Prophets (from Hosea to Micah). , . | External link
- Choi, Yung Hun (2009). Loving Deuteronomy. , .
FBS Fellowship for Biblical Studies (since 2013)
KEOTS Korea Evangelical Old Testament Society (since 2020)
SBL Society of Biblical Literature (since 2020)
- ANL101 Old Testament Hebrew 1
- BIB102 Introduction to Israel's Scriptures (Old Testament)
- BIB201 Biblical Hermeneutics
- BIB210 The Pentateuch
- BIB211 Wisdom Literature
- BIB212 Minor Prophets
- BIB213 Historical Books of the Old Testament
- BIB311 Psalter
- BIB312 Isaiah
- BIB349 Old Testament Field Study
- BIB355 The Book of Revelation
- BIB359 New Testament Field Study
- BIB401 Introduction to the Bible
- BIB502(MCS) Interpreting Scripture Today
- BIB520 The Pentateuch
- BIB531 Psalter
- BIB590 New Testament Field Study
- BIB592 Old Testament Field Study
- BIB601 Methods in Biblical Studies
- RES405 English for Theological Purposes
- Park, YS, A Forensic-Rhetorical and Geographical-Spatial Interpretation of the Pauline Expression "to pleroma ton ethnon" in Romans 11:25 (Doctoral Thesis)
- Chin, YH, An Interpretation of Luke Chapter 4: From the Viewpoint of Minjung Theology and Social Science (Doctoral Thesis)
- Kim, KD, A Study on the Changes of the Priesthood and Their Contributions in the Post-exilic Society (Doctoral Thesis)
- Lee, YC, A Study of Expository Sermon with an Exemplar, the Joseph Narrative: Applying "Triperspectivalism" (Doctoral Thesis)
- Chang, HC, Re-establishing Discipleship Theology for Korean Diaspora in Australia: With an Analysis of "Anathema" (Doctoral Thesis)
- Yoon, M, How to Plant a Missional Church Facing the Missional Paradigm Shift within the Australian Context (Masters Project/Thesis), 2020
- Yoon, KM, A Necessity of New Strategies for Australian Aboriginal Mission: By Applying the Principle of Incarnation and Focusing upon Media Evangelisms (Masters Project/Thesis), 2019
If you’d like to contact Yung Hun, you can use the form below.
If you’d like a reply, please include your return email address in the box provided.