Details for New Testament Greek 2
New Testament Greek 2 builds on from Greek 1 to give you a solid foundation for your knowledge of Biblical Greek. This unit rounds out a full year of Greek study and will equip you with a good working knowledge of Greek grammar, and it is from this basis that you can launch into more advanced syntactical and exegetical study of the New Testament texts. Greek 2, in a way, puts ‘wheels’ on your study of Greek, as we come to see more fully the beauty of the Greek verbal system and its significance for understanding the original texts.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: ANL251
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Keith McPherson
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering New Testament Greek 2
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
This course unit builds on the content of Greek 1 and enables the student to begin to develop professional skills in New Testament exegesis and translation.
- Demonstrate an intermediate knowledge of New Testament Greek, including:
- recognise and translate most frequent NT Greek vocabulary;
- identify more complex NT Greek grammatical forms, including participles, adverbs, verbs outside the indicative mood, and athematic verbs;
- analyse grammar and syntax of intermediate NT Greek sentences;
- Identify, parse, and translate verbs with reference to verbal aspect theory.
- Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the grammar and syntax of NT Greek, evidenced in the ability to exegete more complex passages;
- Use lexical and analytical aids to study the Greek New Testament.
- Verbal aspect
- Textual criticism
- Complex sentence diagramming and exegesis
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face
- Homework Review Exercises (20%)
- Translation Assignment (50%)
- Exam (30%)
- Long, F. J. (2015) Koine Greek grammar: a beginning-intermediate exegetical and pragmatic handbook. Wilmore, KY: GlossaHouse
Note: the text is only available at AC reception and comes as a kit including a grammar book and workbook/answer key book; the 2 books cost $80 a set. Contact AC reception to obtain them.