Details for Leadership Principles
What does it take to be a leader? What do leaders do? Are leaders born or made?
This unit will help students to find answers to these questions in the light of contemporary leadership theory and a Christian worldview.
Students will discover a variety of leadership theories and learn how they apply in different contexts, such as ministry and business.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: LEA005
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: John Griffiths
Awards offering Leadership Principles
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Diploma of Arts
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Business and Diploma of Entrepreneurship
- Diploma of Business and Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Business and Diploma of Ministry
- Diploma of Chaplaincy
- Diploma of Chaplaincy and Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Chaplaincy and Diploma of Ministry
- Diploma of Entrepreneurship
- Diploma of Entrepreneurship and Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Entrepreneurship and Diploma of Ministry
- Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Ministry
- Identify personal values and leadership philosophy, and develop self-awareness to start the continual process of leadership development;
- Express effective communication and problem-solving skills required for building teams;
- Explain different theories and approaches to leadership;
- Distinguish the key leadership theories and their applications in an organisational setting;
- Identify and explain leadership issues pertaining to ethics and the abuse of power.
- Distinguishing leadership and ministry
- Identifying potential leaders
- The importance of leadership beliefs
- Discovering leadership styles
- Building leadership teams
- Leading through change
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to face (onsite)
- eLearning (online)
- Leadership Development Track (25%)
- Essay (50%)
- Interview a Leader (25%)
- Northouse, P.G. Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practices (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, California: Sage Publications. 2020.
Please consult your instructor before purchasiny any texts.