Details for Children’s Ministry
The Children's Ministry unit will encourage you to be like Horton. Horton who? No. Horton hears a Who. Our purpose is to protect, train and release our little people. We will be looking at the why, the what and the how for children’s ministry.
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: MIN005
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Dean O'Keefe
Awards offering Children’s Ministry
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the biblical and historical background for children’s ministry. This includes consideration of other Christian perspectives and understandings;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the breadth of children’s ministry and discuss a variety of approaches to children’s ministry;
- Exhibit an understanding of the importance and methods of ensuring ministry is child safe and child friendly;
- Demonstrate an ability to use administration, resourcing and logistics necessary to facilitate an effective children’s event.
- Demonstrate a variety of skills necessary for effective ministry to children;
- Why Children’s Ministry?
- Working with the Vision of the Church
- Child Development
- The Child’s World
- Planning and programming
- Leadership and Discipleship
- Children and Family
- Working in Schools
This course may be offered in the following formats
Face-to-Face, Online, Intensive and Independent Learning.
- Book Review (30%)
- Major Essay (50%)
- Reflective Journal (20%)