Details for Historical Books of the Old Testament
Many of the OT books are dedicated to the history of Israel fron the time of conquest through to exile. This subject will examine the books of Joshua, Juges, 1& 2 Samuel, 1& 2 Kings, Ezra & Nehemiah - a vast array of books and times! But it will specifically investigate what are the major events and people in OT history, plus discuss how do we read OT history today?
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BIB213
- Credit points: 10
- Subject coordinator: Caroline Batchelder
The following courses are prerequisites or co-requisites:
Awards offering Historical Books of the Old Testament
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
This subject explores the historical books of the Old Testament, specifically, Joshua, Judges, 1-2 Samuel, 1-2 Kings, Ezra & Nehemiah.
- Display a thorough understanding of the message, content, and composition of the OT Historical Books (specifically, Joshua, Judges, 1-2 Samuel, 1-2 Kings, Ezra & Nehemiah);
- Identify and explain the literary aspects of biblical narrative;
- Employ exegetical skills to provide an interpretation of the OT Historical Books;
- Apply hermeneutical principles to biblical historiography.
This course may be offered in the following formats
- Face to Face (on site)
- Distance/E-learning (online)
- Thematic Essay (25%)
- Exegetical Essay (45%)
- Exam (30%)
- Primary readings provided