Details for Financial Integrity System
- Currently offered by Alphacrucis: Yes
- Course code: BUS203
- Credit points: 10
The following courses are prerequisites:
Awards offering Financial Integrity System
This unit is offered as a part of the following awards:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Applied Social Science
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Ministry
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Theology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Arts
- Undergraduate Certificate in Business Studies
- Associate Degree in Business
- Associate Degree in Ministry
- Diploma of Arts
- Diploma of Chaplaincy
- Diploma of Leadership
- Diploma of Ministry
- Awareness of the main financial integrity risks, especially in NFPs and Churches.
- Sound understanding of the main strategies for mitigating financial integrity risks, especially in NFPs and Churches.
- Experience in designing a financial integrity system for a church NFP organisation.
- Essay 20%
- Group Assignment 30%
- Final Exam 50% (2 hours)
Zack, G. M. (2010). Fraud and Abuse in Nonprofit Organizations: A Guide to Prevention and Detection Rockville, MD, Nonprofit Resource Center.
- Kiel, G. C. and G. J. Nicholson (2002). Boards That Work: A New Guide for Directors Sydney, McGraw Hill.
- Gross, M. J., et. al., Financial & Accounting Guide for Not-For-Profit Organisations, 4th ed, New York: Wiley, 2000.
- Grace, D. and S. Cohen (2005). Business Ethics: Problems and Cases.3rd edition, Oxford University Press.
- Jay Thibodeau, Deborah Freier Auditing and Accounting Cases: Investigating Issues of Fraud and Professional Ethics Mc Graw Hill 2010
- “Fleecing the flock: The big business of swindling people who trust you” The Economist Jan 28 2012.